Fits Right Here

6:00 AM

The last several posts have been recaps of summer happenings. I still have more to share, but this posts will cover some of the fun things we did that doesn't really have a place of its own. So I say...it Fits Right Here.

Drew and I traveled with our friends, Beth and Gabe, to Wilsonville, AL for a wedding. It was an outdoor event and it was HOT! But we made the best of it and enjoyed a night with friends and dancing to Trotline Band.


We also made a late night stop at Waffle House. No kids = no curfew!


***************************************************************************

 Every morning during our summer break I got to snuggle with my babies. There's not much to say except I knew these moments were precious and fleeting. So I soaked in every minute I could.




************************************************************************

Libby assisted me in compiling our summer bucket list. For the record, we were able to check off seven boxes. 


*******************************************************************************

We dropped by Gordy Eye Care's Open House to celebrate the opening of their new location. Our friends, Griff and Jennifer, have had much success with their practice and we are proud of them. 

The girls enjoyed a visit to the ice cream truck and jumping in the bouncy house. 






**********************************************************************
Drew's friend and co-worker, Seth, got married this summer. We loaded up the whole family and traveled to LaGrange, GA for the outdoor wedding. 

The ceremony was in a clearing in the woods and the reception in an open field. It was perfect for the girls. They ran, played, gobbled cup cakes and could be as loud as they wanted. 


It was a fun night. Congratulations to Seth and Emily!


*************************************************************************

This was a cute moment captured at the beach. Mimi and I found Georgia Kate in this bucket through out the week - playing, watching TV, eating snacks. Just her size. 


************************************************************************

In late June my friends and I attended the Friends of Mary Jane Riley Bunco Bash. It was a charity event to raise money for a local organization and honor Ms. Mary Jane's memory. 


I (somehow?) ended up in the top four (out of almost 200 players) at the end of the night. We were all so excited! I won an awesome movie prize pack with LOTS of free tickets to the movies, candy and refillable popcorn tub. 

From left to right: Coop, Meredith (Mary Jane's daughter), Demetri and me. We've been friends since high school and it was a nice treat to spend the evening together.


************************************************************************

A few weeks later Demetri invited several of us over for a Taco & Margarita night. Good times!


**************************************************************************

And this was a sweet moment with my big girl, Libby. She and I enjoyed spending the day together and going to the movies. She loved having me all to herself and I enjoyed it just as much!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Summer recaps are on my "to do" list for blogging. Don't you just LOVE those lazy mornings of summer?? No rush... ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Leave a note to let me know what you think.

Popular Posts

Where you from?